Friday, May 16, 2008

Card of the Day: 2001 Donruss Class of 2001 Rookie Crusade Autographs Ben Sheets


This card is the catalyst of my personal collection.

While not my rarest or most valuable, this will forever be my favorite as it was the first ever autograph I pulled.

I remember sitting on the couch after my dad got home from work and opening my pack of Donruss Class of 2001. About three or so cards in, I found this.

As happy as I was at that point, I was even happier when I found out that only 15 of the 300 Rookie Crusades Ben Sheets are autographed. Mine is serial number five.

As much as I would like to have a Babe Ruth cut signature or a fancy eight auto as the catalyst of my collection, I know I am just a "small time," low-end collector. That being said, I am happy enough to have a card that is this good.

No comments: