Monday, July 21, 2008

The Chronicles of Cardboard Mania's Topps Dynasties Tribute Set - Part One

When I first read about 2008 Topps football, I was immediately drawn in by the Dynasties Tribute insert set. I don't really know why considering half the set is of teams I don't like (Steelers and Patriots). Nevertheless, I am collecting the set and got a good start on it when I busted a hobby box of Topps on Saturday. These nine cards will be the start of The Chronicles of Cardboard Mania's Topps Dynasties Tribute Set.

Each time I get new cards whether it be one or 10, I will make a new post in the Chronicles until I have the complete set. Once I get that far, I will do something special here, but I haven't decided what I will do yet.

So without further ado, here are the first cards I got from the 2008 Topps Dynasties Tribute insert set.

Franco Harris - 1974 Super Bowl IX


Terry Bradshaw - 1979 Super Bowl XIV


Roger Craig - 1984 Super Bowl XIX


Joe Montana - 1988 Super Bowl XXIII


Randy Cross - 1988 Super Bowl XXIII


Troy Aikman - 1992 Super Bowl XXVII


Emmitt Smith - 1993 Super Bowl XXVIII


Tom Brady - 2004 Super Bowl XXXIX


Deion Branch - 2004 Super Bowl XXXIX

I have seven more incoming that will be here in a couple of days so expect to see those cards then.

No comments: