Monday, March 31, 2008

Card of the Day: 2005 Bowman Chrome Draft Autograph Ryan Zimmerman


Ryan Zimmerman looks country strong in his Bowman rookies and for good reason.

The young superstar and face of the Washington Nationals showed his strength again last night hitting a walk-off home run to christen Nationals Park with its first win.

In what was one of the best Opening Day games I've ever seen, Tim Hudson struggled early in the first, but he then combined with then Wil Ohman and Peter Moylan to retire 24 straight Nationals.

With a tied game in the ninth, Moylan retired the first two batters before facing Zimmerman, who as I predicted before the inning, hit a walk-off home run.

Perhaps this is the start of a special season for Zimmerman. He was hyped when he was drafted and only stayed in the minors for a few months.

I'm not telling you to, but I am looking to get some of his cardboard as soon as I can just in case this is the year of Zim.

No comments: