Friday, January 4, 2008

Gridiron Gear 4-Pack Break


I bought one of those $10 four packs from K-Mart today, and wasn't overly impressed. The design is nice, but I got several duplicates within the four packs.

Pack 1:
-Tony Romo
-Ahman Green
-Matt Schaub
-Eli Manning
-Mike Bell

The Romo makes up for the subpar rest of the pack. If I were a Houston fan, I'd be a happy customer.

Pack 2:
-Matt Leinart Playbook /500
-Ahman Green (Again)
-Mike Bell (Again)
-J.P. Losman
-Alge Crumpler

In the end, Pack 2 had three dupes. The Leinart is nice but doesn't quite make up for them.

Pack 3:
-Vernon Davis
-Alge Crumpler (Again)
-Jeff Garcia
-Jay Cutler
-Deuce McAllister

Just a poor pack overall. Cutler was the only worthy card, and it's not even that great.

Pack 4:
-Reggie Bush
-Marvin Harrison
-Laveranues Coles
-Terrell Owens
-Frank Gore

Excellant player selection. I kind of wish the Leinart would've been in this pack instead of Coles. That would've made for a nice $2.50 investment.

Now while I didn't get any cards to keep from this break, I won't knock Gridiron Gear too bad. The dupes make me skeptical about the Vintage brand four packs of cards, but not Gridiron Gear in general.

I feel Donruss/Playoff delivered a quality product at an affordable price even in retail stores. The decoys are huge. I thought I had a hit and it was just a big old white decoy.

No comments: