Sunday, August 30, 2009

And it continues...

Just when I thought the guy with the million dollar 1991-92 Upper Deck hockey set couldn't say/do anything else ignorant, it happened.

Yesterday, I sent the seller a message after discovering his listing.

"This listing is a joke right? That lack of hologram doesn't enhance the value of these cards at all. Second, this is definitely not the only set of 1991-92 Upper Deck hockey in the world. You'd be lucky to get $10 out of this set. Good luck though."


I wasn't overly mean about it or anything, just a simple, what in the world are you thinking? Well, here was is reply in a nutshell.

The Gibson is one of a kind and a true error, therefore the only one in existence. He also said, this is Gibson's only card.

Now this guy tells me most error cards are run for a partial set until the error is corrected yet he knows for sure his is one-of-a-kind. I just don't follow the logic there. What's to say there's not thousands of the Gibson card out there?

Secondly, this is not Gibson's only card. He actually had five produced, including a second major release in 1991-92 Pro Set.

I don't know why I keep going on and on about this listing. It's obvious this guy will never sell it. I guess it just amuses me.

No comments: